Bridgeport's Zero Energy Ready Homes, a sustainable and affordable housing development, was among seven different…
Alter Eco Featured on Green Building Matters Podcast
Joe spoke with Charlie Cichetti on the Green Building Matters podcast. Topics discussed include:
- Zero energy readiness.
- Alter Eco’s success, selection process, and standard/program choices.
- Passive House vs Net Zero Ready Homes for advanced energy modeling.
- Best practices, programs(LEED, Passive House, DOE), certification and chapter benefits.
- Misconceptions on implementing sustainable programs, how architects can steer the ship, and the concept of trade ops.
- Advantages of having architects who can simplify details with sustainability in mind during the building process.
- Trends of a 2,500 sq. home feeling like a 4,000 sqm.
- Electrification and designing all electric buildings and homes.
- Selecting prefabbed, cut off site, more modular components or whole systems on projects.